There are lots of theories out there as to what makes a marriage work. And there are even more theories on how you can fix a broken marriage.
But what gives – and which ones are accurate?
With all kinds of information and misinformation floating around out there, it can be tough to find the strategies that will help save you from the pits of despair.
One of these tools is a program called Save the Marriage. This program is designed to jumpstart your communication – in a different way – and to totally save your marriage.
You should be. In our Save the Marriage System review, we’ll cover everything you need to know about this revolutionary new program. Plus, we’ll tell you whether it works – or whether it’s a total scam.
What Is Save The Marriage System?
Save the Marriage System is a unique bundle of audio and written materials that can help save your marriage no matter how hopeless your prospects might seem. Created by a licensed marriage and family therapist with more than two decades of experience, Dr. Lee Baucom, this program is one-of-a-kind, offering some pretty unique ways you can improve your relationship.
Save the Marriage System includes several products that you’ll be dying to get your hands on. The first is a set of four modules of written text, including the main text (in eBook form) called “Save the Marriage.”
You’ll also get two bonus audiobooks, two bonus eBooks, and a whole set of other material. Everything explained quite clearly in the core eBook, Save the Marriage, so if you don’t have time to get through all of the materials, you’ll be able to acquire a good chunk of information just by reading this 159-page text. The other materials can be considered as supplements more than anything else.
The writing in this eBook is fun and lively. Although Baucom has extensive professional and academic experience, he writes in an approachable, accessible way – you won’t feel as though you are being preached to. Everything is geared toward getting you the results you want and need, helping you learn instantly how you can save your marriage.
Who Is Dr. Lee Baucom?
You shouldn’t trust someone who doesn’t actually know what they are talking about! But believe us, you can trust in the wisdom of Dr. Lee Baucom. As a family and marriage therapist, Baucom has more than 22 years of experience – and he’s also been married (with kids) himself for over two decades.
His personal experience is backed by some serious professional credentials. He has two master’s degrees as well as a Ph.D. that is related to family and marriage counseling. In short, he really knows what he is talking about!
What Will You Learn From The Save The Marriage System?
Save the Marriage System isn’t just something designed for you to listen to or read. Instead, it’s more like having a meeting with Dr. Baucom yourself. You’ll encounter all kinds of steps you can take, questions you should answer, and ideas you will need to think over before you can begin to change your marriage.
In fact, the author actually encourages you to take notes and jot down ideas in the book as you read. It’s interactive and serves as more of a relationship workshop than a book that you read.
The core eBook has 17 main chapters and numerous other additional materials, like supplemental chapters and worksheets, that delve into great detail about specific topics. The course is broken down into three sections.
The first covers the exact reasons why Save the Marriage System is different, explaining why typical couples’ therapy has a high failure rate and how Save the Marriage System can help to reverse this. It also provides readers with new ways of seeing their marriage – the focus becomes on “we” instead of simply separate “me and you.”
Finally, the book includes chapters that explain how you can apply the Save the Marriage System model to difficult topics in your relationship, like sex, finances, and emotional growth.
Save the Marriage System is different from other programs, including couples’ therapy, because it doesn’t focus on communication at the crux of a relationship. Often, Baucom points out, a relationship fails not because the partners aren’t communicating, but because they aren’t seeing the issues in the same way.
Instead, the program focuses on the WE. It encourages each partner to stop reflecting on how they contribute individually to the relationship as well as what they are getting in return. Instead, it creates a marriage based on the “we” and teaches couples how they can improve the strength of the whole.
After each section, there are practice lessons and other activities that you can use to actively strengthen your relationship.
You will get so many extra bonuses when it comes to Save the Marriage System. Not only will you get four separate eBooks, including the Quick Start Guide To Saving Your Marriage and the Top Five Things NOT to Do When Your Partner Wants Out, but you’ll also get audio courses like Recovering from an Affair and Coping with a Midlife Marriage Crisis.
You’ll even get information on how to fight fair and how to change your heart for good. It’s a great value, costing only $47. When you consider that couples’ therapy usually costs more than $100 per hour – and has a success rate of only 20% – that’s an excellent value. Save the Marriage System has a success rate of 89.7%.
Save The Marriage System Pros & Cons
If you’re looking for the quick and dirty benefits and disadvantages of the Save the Marriage System, look no further than our helpful pros and cons list.
- Information is presented clearly and in an engaging way: You won’t feel like you’re being talked at or lectured to with this eBook, even though it contains some pretty serious academic stuff.
- Plenty of opportunities for action: If you aren’t sure where to start when it comes to saving your marriage, this eBook is the perfect place to start.
- Doesn’t sugarcoat: You aren’t going to feel placated or lied to when you’re reading this book. It recognizes that saving a marriage can be tough work, and the course doesn’t try to hide it. Instead, it offers real information that you can start using immediately.
- Very affordable: Not only is Save the Marriage System affordable – less than the cost of couples’ therapy, in fact – but it is also backed by a 100% 60-day money-back guarantee.
- High success rate: Save the Marriage System has a success rate, according to surveys, of 89.7%.
- No shipping costs: That’s right – since everything is delivered digitally, you don’t have to pay for shipping, nor do you have to wait around for weeks for the product to arrive.
- Some bonus material is not necessary: You’ll get a ton of bonus materials when you buy the Save the Marriage System, but you may feel as if some of the materials aren’t exactly necessary. The core eBook does a good enough job of explaining things on its own.
- Focuses on married couples: If you’re reading this book and you’re not married, you’re probably not going to get that much out of it – after all, just look at the title! It’s really geared toward married people. But if you’re unmarried and hoping this book can help you, you might find some topics irrelevant.
- Only available digitally: As an eBook, you can only access this product and all of its bonus features in a digital format.
- Requires a great deal of commitment: As with any program, Save the Marriage System is not going to work if both you and your partner are not wholly committed to seeing results. There is some work required for this program to be effective!
Does Save The Marriage System Work?
Save the Marriage System really does work, but there are some important exceptions to be aware of.
For starters, you shouldn’t plan on using this program if you are in an abusive relationship (regardless of whether you are the victim or the perpetrator). In this case, your main focus should be on getting yourself safe and getting out of the relationship. You should not be focusing on trying to save that kind of marriage.
Otherwise, Save the Marriage System works well, even if you and your spouse are no longer living together, are living together as platonic roommates, or are on the brink of divorce.
It can even work if only one person in the relationship is interested in saving the marriage. You read that right – even if your partner has given up on you entirely. After all, marriage isn’t just two individuals operating separately – marriage is a system.
If you’re ready to truly change your relationship and salvage your marriage, you should give Save the Marriage System a try. You’ll not only recover everything it is that you lost, but you’ll learn all the strategies you need for a lasting difference in the future.